Saturday, September 12, 2015

He is Victorious!

So this past week, I was sitting at the dinner table with my team and I felt the Lord calling me to Himself.  And just so you know, when you feel the Lord calling you away, you IMMEDIATELY go, because that means something amazing is going to happen (that's a whole other blog post in itself)! So anyways, I grabbed my bible, music, and noise canceling headphones and climbed onto the roof.  At this point it's dark outside and I'm looking out at San Salvador.  During the day you can see the volcano, but at that hour, all I could see were the lights from the houses making their way towards the skies and eventually fading into the clouds.  It was truly beautiful.  The breeze was playing on my skin causing little goose bumps to spring up all over my body.  I put on my headphones, turned on some worship music, and opened up my bible. I flipped to Mathew 28 which is about the resurrection of Jesus.

Stop here.  Open your bible.  And Read Mathew 28.
   
 Friend, I have read this passage countless times, but these words seemed to be speaking directly to my heart.  As my soul feasted on the words, I was filled with a supernatural passion that only God can give.  I read about my sweet Lord, who was brutally murdered for me, rising from the grave.  I read how the Angel told the women that Jesus had risen, and how Jesus met them as they were running to tell the others.  I read how upon seeing Jesus, the women fell to His feet and worshipped.    I read about how Jesus came before the disciples and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." 
 
I reread this chapter over and over again.  I was and still am, amazed at the power of our God.  Reader, our God, our Jesus, our Redeemer, our King crushed the enemy.  He defeated death.  When He rose again, he destroyed the powers of Hell for the rest of eternity.  Our God is victorious
 
I looked out over San Salvador, a city that is full of drugs, death, and despair, and realized that no matter how dark this city may be, Jesus has the power to drive out the enemy.  He is in control.  He can redeem this city!  No matter how strong the enemy may seem, he has already lost.  Friend, Jesus won!  Hell stands no chance against our God!

I'm not just talking about in San Salvador.  I'm referring to your life as well.  No matter what your situation is, no matter what you're addicted to, no matter how strong the enemy seems, do not let him deceive you.  The enemy will tell you that there is no way out.  He will tell you that there is no hope. 

                                        But these are lies.  Jesus has already crushed him!
   
Hell is defeated because of Jesus's death on the cross and His resurrection.  What a King!  We belong to the Ultimate Victor.  And guess what.  That same power that defeated Hell, is inside of you if you have given your life to the Lord.  Can you imagine? The power the has destroyed death is in you, believer!

 This truth is what I will press into.  This is why I go when the Lord calls me to these places filled with darkness.  Living inside of me is the power that makes Hell flee.  This is why I will go where ever the Lord calls me. 

Note:  If you're anything like me, you are going to want to sing praises to our God after reading Mathew 28... So here are a couple of my favorite worship songs: He is Jesus by Seth Condrey; Worthy Worthy by Vertical Church Band.  Enjoy!
    

2 comments:

  1. Our Gid is a mighty God. I love hearing what your heart has to say. I love reading about your growth in the Lord. My prayers and love are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. And so excited to see you listening to that still small voice of the Spirit - it's that voice that's easy to ignore, easy to rationalize away, easy to conveniently forget - but it's the only voice that truly will make a difference in the places around the world filled with darkness and despair and hopelessness. I watched the movie War Room, which was good, but what I took most from that was that we have a battle to fight through our willingness to submit our lives to Christ, and through our willingness to get on our face with the living God. Our prayers DO make a difference in the darkness. Love you sooo much and wish I could come to El Salvador and minister too!

    ReplyDelete